The Bandini 1300 was a racing car built in 1980 by Bandini Cars in Forlì, Italy.
It was presented in 1980 as new sports prototype in red and blue livery, divided by a thin gold colour line. Later Bandini decided to replace the blue with white as it appears today.
It was the last car with which he opened Ilario Bandini, organiser, the edition 1981 of the race uphill "Predappio-Rocca delle Camminate" that had already won several times.
The innovative features compared to previous production are mainly in search propeller 1300 cc.
The engine displacement was equal to 1300 cc, patterned after the previous experience on a Fiat monoblock, it was implemented fully in aluminium by Bandini, a dry sump lubrication, chain distribution and double overhead camshaft, 16 valves, with indirect mechanical fuel injection. The gearbox was a 5 speed.
- Positioning: longitudinal rear, 4-cylinder in-line
- Materials and particularity: base monoblock to 5 media bench and league sump in aluminium, Head alloy DOHC distribution chain, 4 valves per cylinder vertical
- Bore: 86 mm (3.4 in)
- Stroke: 55.5 mm (2.2 in)
- Displacement: 1289 cc
- Power: fuel injection mechanical valve guillotine
- Lubricate: Dry sump lubrication
- Cooling: forced liquid with centrifugal pump controlled by pulley and belt, cooler on the front
- Gearbox and clutch: 5 speed + RG clutch dry discs
- Ignition and electrical equipment: coil and distributor on the head with electronic, battery 12 V and alternator
The frame is an evolution of 1000 sports prototype that has gone before.
- Structure and material: frame of mixed section tubes round and rectangular tubes, special steel
- Front: Independent, triangles overlapping with shock hydraulic telescopic tilted and springs cylindrical helical coaxial; bar stabilizing, camber recordable
- Rear: Independent, triangle and lower arms swinging shock hydraulic telescopic inclined agents on the triangle lower bar stabilizing, camber, caster and convergence recordable
- Braking system:
- Service: hydraulics, disc front and rear
- Steering: a rack and pinion
- Guide: left
- Wheels: Alloy Bandini
- Fuel tank: 2 x 40 L (11 US gal; 9 imp gal)
- Transmission: differential and return rear halfshaft reached with omocinetici
The bodywork is made of composite material and epoxy resin matrix fibre glass, except for the two side panels in aluminium fixed to the frame through rivets. This allows a further reduction of weight that can be used as ballast. Compared to younger sister, the air-intake on the front and venting, are less pronounced, however the rear wing, monoplane to impact adjustable, is larger and the fairing also closes the rear of the engine compartment to the air incanalando radiator of the oil. Small openings elliptical on the front provide for the cooling of the disc brakes front and rear tyres and brakes receive grids prepared the same purpose.