The Bandini GT 750 is a road car produced in 1955 by Bandini Cars in Forlì.
This is the first this type two-seater to wear the Bandini badge. Born as a road car, it shared the 750 sport siluro chassis and engine developed for racing.
The coupé body carries the characteristic features of company Zagato who created it completely in aluminum. It is only 1.14 metres (45 in) high, far less than 4 is very compact and lightweight with a style well-defined.
In 1957 the car was recognized with first prize in the Competition d'elegance city of Rimini. " It started its racing career from 1959 that saw overseas run famous racing circuits such as Daytona and Sebring where it was forced to retire after 27 laps for the broken radiator. Official drivers of Racemaster team were Victor Lukens and Fred Haynes.
The frame of 750 Bandini GT comes directly from that of 750 sports torpedo with a slight and insignificant increase in size and the adoption of a bar anti also to rear.
- Structure and material: frame of elliptical section tubes, special steel aeronautics derivation;
- Front: Independent, triangles overlapping with shock absorbers hydraulic telescopic tilted and soft cylindrical helical coaxial; bar Account
- Rear: a bridge disk, with two leaf spring semiellittiche longitudinal vertical telescopic hydraulic shock absorbers, bar Account
- Braking system:
- Service: hydraulics, drum
- Parking: mechanical tape on transmission
- Steering: a worm with damper vibration
- Guide: on the left (right upon request)
- Wheels: Borrani Ray 12 "
- Tyre: 5.20 "x 12" (a request with white band)
- Fuel tank capacity: 45 L (12 US gal; 10 imp gal)
- Transmission: Rear transmission shaft, central differential and halfshafts
- Weight: bare chassis 27 kg (60 lb)
- Weight total vacuum: 450 kg (990 lb)
On Bandini GT was used engine Bandini DOHC, the first and second series for road use.
- Positioning: forward longitudinal, 4 cylinders in line
- Materials and particularity: base 5 media bench and sump aluminium of 5 litres capacity, Head aluminum alloy DOHC with 8 valves inclined, hemispherical chambers of the outbreak, cylinders dismantled in cast iron block.
- Bore: 63.5 mm (2.5 in)
- Stroke: 59 mm (2.3 in)
- Displacement: 747 cc
- Compression ratio: 8,4:1
- Fuel system: 2 Weber carburetors double body 35DCO3
- Power: 62 CV @ 7000 rpm
- Lubrication: Carter wet with a pump gears, aluminum radiator barrel
- Cooling: forced liquid with centrifugal pump controlled by pulley and belt, cooler on the front
- Gearbox and clutch: 4 speed + RG, clutch single dry disc
- Ignition and electrical equipment: reel and distributor switch on the head, 12 V battery and generator